What Should I Know Before I Bring my Horse in for Surgery?
- All elected surgeries are to be admitted the day before.
- Your veterinarian will follow-up with you after the surgery. Please make sure we have numbers where you can be reached.
During Your Horse's Stay:
- Please observe hospital visiting hours. If you can't visit during scheduled hours, please let us know at the time of admission. Visiting hours are Monday-Friday, 10-11:30am, and 3-4:30pm, and Saturday from 9-11am.
- Please check in with the Front Office before entring the stable area.
- Due to our concerns for you and your horse's safety, we must ask that you do not enter the stall before asking permission from a Mid-Rivers Equine Centre employee. Additionally, please do not bring any special treats unless okayed by your veterinarian at admission.
Discharge from the Hospital:
- Horses are discharged Monday-Friday 10am - 7pm and on Saturay from 8am - noon.
- Your veterinarian will provide you with after-care instructions and arrange for follow-up visits, if necessary.
- The hospital stay and any outstanding balance must be paid before the horse can be discharged.
- Payment may be made by cash, check, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or CareCredit.
- If you have medical or mortality insurance on your horse, please submit your claim to the insurance company and they will reimburse you directly.
- It is the responsibility of the agent/trainer admitting the horse to communicate payment terms to the owner.
|Can't find an answer to your question?
Please feel free to submit a question.