- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- corn husk
- peppermint disc
- banding rubber bands or any small rubber bands
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Chop carrots and apple into small pieces.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet and shape into bars.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from tray and cool.
- Preheat oven 170 degrees.
- Soak corn husk in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut husk into squares (approximate 4″ x 4″).
- Blot wet husk with paper towel to remove excess water.
- Place one pre-cooked bar onto husk and wrap.
- Place a small rubber band around husk to keep it closed. (Banding bands work great because you don’t have to wrap them.)
- Place in warm oven to dry husk.
- When dry remove cookie from oven and cut off rubber band.
- Decorate with icing and peppermint.