Homemade Horse Treats: Christmas Cannolis
Looking for something special to put in your horse's Christmas stocking this year? Try making these Cannolis for a fun and colorful treat.
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- corn husk
- peppermint disc
- banding rubber bands or any small rubber bands
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Chop carrots and apple into small pieces.
3. Mix together all ingredients.
4. Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet and shape into bars.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from tray and cool.
1. Preheat oven 170 degrees.
2. Soak corn husk in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Cut husk into squares (approximate 4" x 4").
4. Blot wet husk with paper towel to remove excess water.
5. Place one pre-cooked bar onto husk and wrap.
6. Place a small rubber band around husk to keep it closed. (Banding bands work great because you don't have to wrap them.)
7. Place in warm oven to dry husk.
8. When dry remove cookie from oven and cut off rubber band.
9. Decorate with icing and peppermint.