If your horse is presenting signs of colic, you should call your vet if:
- Heart rate is more than 60 beats per minute
- Feed material is coming from the nostrils (THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!)
- You have to walk your horse to keep if from going down and rolling for more than 15-20 minutes in a one hour period.
- Gums are anything other than pink and moist
- Your horse hasn’t been “right ” for more than 24 hours (not passing normal amount of manure, not eating or drinking normally, or unusually quiet or depressed)
Learn the Signs Of Colic