Here is everything you need to know during your horse’s stay at Mid-Rivers Equine Centre from the admitting process, to what happens during your horse’s stay, to heading home.
- Before drop off, hospital patient’s will need to complete an Admissions Form. This should be completed prior to drop off.
- All elective surgeries are to be admitted the day before.
- Your veterinarian will follow-up with you after the surgery. Please make sure we have phone numbers where you can be reached.
During Your Horse’s Stay:
- Please observe hospital visiting hours. If you can’t visit during scheduled hours please let us know at the time of admission.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes once per day as your horse is recovering.
- Please check in with the Front Office before entering the stable area.
- Due to our concerns for you and your horse’s safety, we must ask that you do not enter the stall before asking permission from a Mid-Rivers Equine Centre employee. Additionally, please do not bring any special treats unless approved by your veterinarian at admissions.
Discharge From The Hospital:
- Horses are discharged Monday through Friday 10 am – 7 pm and on Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm.
- Your veterinarian will provide you with aftercare instructions and arrange for follow-up visits, if necessary.